Small business owners are always looking for ways to promote their business, but how can landscapers do this?
Here's a list of 22 Landscaping Marketing Ideas that will help take your marketing game up a notch:
- Put on some events like plant sales or workshops related to gardening topics where you're knowledgeable about. Host a free workshop and teach people how to grow their own food, or give them tips for growing plants in specific climates. You'll be able to share information with others and market yourself all at once!
- Offer a referral program so customers who refer friends will receive discounts on services they need to be done as well as rewards from the friend they referred to (like coupons).
- Create your landscape marketing website. This is the online presence of your business. Make sure to get an attractive, easy-to-navigate website that showcases a little about you and your services.
- Create a blog to promote your business and offer tips for other people who are interested in starting their own landscaping business as well as share gardening ideas for homeowners.
Tip: In the text, include links back to this page for more information on specific ideas or plants that are interesting.
- Take a picture of your landscaping and post it on social media - Use social media to promote your landscaping business.
Tip: Make sure to post regularly and engage people in the conversation on these platforms.
- Offer free consultations to homeowners with questions about their lawns or gardens, whether it's planting flowers or advising how to deal with pests
- Attend local community events where you can speak with homeowners about how they can improve the aesthetics and productivity of their landscape.
- Offer group lectures about basic gardening ideas to people who've never gardened before, like how to start a garden or what kinds of plants will grow well in specific conditions.
- Put up flyers about your business at places where people who are interested in landscaping might be (like at nurseries)
- Contact the local news and ask if they'd be willing to do a story covering your business or hosting you on their television show about gardening topics.
- Donate some time at an organization that has something to do with landscaping, like a community garden where people can grow vegetables for themselves when possible.
- Give away free advice to people on a "first come, first serve" basis at community events or fairs where there are many people.
- Offer free consultations to homeowners with questions about their lawns.
- Attend local community events where you can speak with homeowners about how they can improve the look of their yard.
- Join a professional organization that caters to lawn care businesses, such as the National Association of Landscape Professionals (NALP) or the Professional Lawn Care Association (PLCA).
- Start an email marketing campaign by sending out emails when new articles are posted on your website or blog; this will help generate leads for potential customers.
- Offer free quotes and consultations.
- Give away promotional items such as t-shirts, pens, or stickers.
- Display flyers in common areas where people gather like grocery stores or libraries.
- Advertise in magazines and newspapers with high circulation numbers.
- Write a book about lawn care or lawn maintenance.
- Consider giving out free plants at the end of every job. Customers love getting something in return and it's an easy way to get more people coming back for repeat work with you.
After implementing these ideas, you'll feel like you've made some real progress in terms of improving your marketing and attracting new potential customers.
There are lots of other marketing ideas for landscaping businesses that you can implement to get more customers; mentioning a few here is just the beginning. Continue your research and do some experiments to find what works specifically for yours!