Small business owners and startups often don't have the funds to hire an expensive ad agency. But, there are still many ways you can market your startup without spending a fortune. In this blog post, we'll cover some of the best ways how you can market your startup business and marketing ideas for small businesses that want to grow their customer base without breaking their budget.
Here are the 12 ways to market your startup without hiring an expensive ad agency
- Create a Facebook page and Twitter account for your business and Use social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, etc., to share ideas with followers about the startup's products or services. Social media marketing is one of the best and most inexpensive forms of marketing that can really help a startup gain traction.
- Have a website that is easy to navigate and has clear contact information. People want to be able to quickly and easily locate your startup online. It's important that your website is simple, modern, and easy to navigate with a contact section prominently displayed on the page. Take advantage of Google services like Analytics for tracking visitors to your site.
- Invest in SEO by linking to other articles on your site, adding keywords to blog posts, and including meta tags when you publish content on your site. SEO helps make your website more visible to Google and other search engines, which will help boost traffic to your startup site. You can outsource this task if you don't have the time or inclination to learn about SEO yourself.
- Update your website with fresh content regularly, including blog posts that will keep users engaged and providing relevant, informative content that will help with search engine rankings. Doing blogs for your business is a great way to provide fresh content for your website and engage with customers. You can even hire a ghostwriter or marketing agency to write the blog posts for you if you don't have time.
- Write guest blogs about topics related to the industry you work in. Guest blogging is a great way to drive traffic to your site and create relationships with fellow bloggers. This also helps build trust with potential clients, showcasing your expertise in the industry you work in.
- Create shareable content, like infographics or short stories that users want to pass along. Viral marketing can be very effective for small businesses because it doesn't cost much and often requires little work for big returns. Create engaging images, videos, and other forms of media that users will want to share on their own social channels. Social media is a great way to engage with customers and spread the word about your business.
- Keep up-to-date on current events, trends, and news related to marketing or business development so you can stay informed about what people are talking about online and how you can incorporate those conversations into your startup's marketing strategy. You can use tools like Buzzsumo or Google Alerts to see what people are talking about and create content that will engage customers and start a conversation with potential clients.
- Get feedback from people who have visited your site or interacted with you online so you know what they like and don't like about it. This is a great way to make changes to your website and marketing material before you start spending money on paid ads.
- Create an infographic for every project you're working on and show behind the scenes of your business. For example, if you work with local businesses, release an infographic for your "Guide to Local Business Marketing." People love seeing behind-the-scenes action and learning more about what your company does.
- Make a video to introduce your company, educate people about your brand, and talk about your values. Video is an excellent way to engage your customers and potential clients, making them feel like they know you on a personal level before doing business with you.
- Grow your email list by having people join when they visit your site. This is an excellent way to build relationships with potential customers and keep in touch with them regularly so you can send targeted offers, promotions, or updates about your business. You can also use email marketing software like MailChimp to manage your list of contacts and see who's opening the emails you send out.
- Include a call to action on your website, blog, and social media profiles. A call to action is a way for potential customers or clients to take the next step in your sales to funnel by visiting a product page, filling out a contact form, sharing your post with their friends, etc. Make it easy for users to make purchases from your website, inquire about your services, or subscribe to your mailing list.
Blog post conclusion paragraph: It’s important to remember that all of these strategies are meant as a guide, not an exhaustive list. You should always do what works for you and your business. We hope this blog has given you some new ideas on how to market your startup without the expense of hiring an expensive ad agency! Let us know which strategy was most useful or if we missed something good in the comments below!
Leave a Reply